2008-11-01

I'll Get You My Pretty!

A little explanation of M's expression in this photo:
No, she's not about to cry because mommy is the wicked witch. She was actually mad at me because we didn't immediately leave the house after putting on our costumes to go trick-or-treating.




My favorite store bought decoration

Her cape -- raw edges, but it's felt (sometimes it's okay to take shortcuts)

The last remaining witch's broom favor bundle

One of our dishes for the party (basically whole wheat soft pretzels - I should have served them with mustard)

This is actually just a portion of the pie, already sliced into at this point. I had my camera ready to take photos of the table with all of the food. Gina worked at least as hard as I did creating spooky, festive treats for the party, including: a giant spiderweb cookie, scarecrow fiesta dip and witch cookies. We had a great turnout and had absolutely perfect weather for the occasion. Many, many thanks to everyone who joined us. We just wish that our distant family and friends lived closer to have shared the holiday with us as well.
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I'm always fascinated by what a big deal Americans make of Halloween, it's lots of fun to look at all the pictures. The food looks fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, nice costumes & halloween food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you guys had an awesome time. Everything came out wonderful too! I'm sad that we couldn't have been there to join in. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that's all i can say. You are amazing and love the costumes!!!

    ReplyDelete