2009-02-14

Run for your heart

Well, Rob and I couldn't be together for Valentine's Day again so I decided to go for a run (we do plan to make it up to each other when we see each other again later this coming week:)). Thanks to a little kick in the rear from my endeared friend, Gina, I ran in the National Heart Month Valentine's Day 5K (3.1 mi.) to benefit the American Heart Association. By no means am I a seasoned runner (high school was my last real race -- cross country), especially since I slacked off big time starting in November with my little runs. However, I found that it pays to be in the more "mature" age groups. My 28:38 time qualified me for first place for my age category, total surprise. I was already thrilled that I came in under 30 minutes. I know that this is nothing for you advanced runners and your 15/16 minute 5K times but I'm still proud. For now I'll just dream of completing 5K in under 20 minutes. You know, it feels so much more freeing to not have to push a 30lb 3-year-old in a jogging stroller. M was entertained by volunteers at a kid's carnival during the event.


Three peeps off to a race...3 bringing home medals. Hooray for us! Thanks so much for sharing Valentine's Day with M & I, K-G-B (B = baby Matthew as M fondly calls him)! :) Seeing myself in this photo with K & G reminds me of my stunted growth.
This last one is for my love...the first crocus of the year (blossom - not in focus - appeared on Monday, the 9th).
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. GREAT JOB SARAH!!! I'm so proud, now you'll have to start training so you can do that traithalon with me this summer =)
    Also, love the pic...it reminds me much of my pictures with friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great run Sarah! We loved spending time on V-Day with you guys. We're so sad you're leaving and will miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Sarah!!!!
    I'm so proud of you.
    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you.
    Yeah Sarah!!!

    ReplyDelete