2009-06-14

New Diaper Bag Design

Enter -- Trappy Nappy©


Oh, how corny but I do love how nicely it rolls off the tongue. After nearly ruining my machine on the 20+ layers required to make the last diaper bags I designed, I decided it was time for a redesign. A trapezoid-shaped bag for nappies (British term for diapers)...see, cheesy!
This one, in linen solid and fabrics from Joel Dewberry's Aviary collection, was for Meredith. The bag has a divider to create two main compartments, gusseted, 4 large elasticized, gusseted pockets, two small elasticized pockets for cell phone and pacifier, 9" zippered pocket, 4 pen/pencil pockets, key clip, and two outer side pockets for bottles or sippy cups or whatever fits the carrier. I also included a coordinating changing pad and lined nursing cover-up. I think this design is a keeper since the needle on my machine never made horrible crunching noises on the slide plate from trying to go through so many layers. Now I'm trying to decide whether or not to try and sell these bags on Etsy or make up patterns to sell. Do I have the time?

Nursing cover-up lined in cozy flannel to keep baby from getting distracted and to make mom feel less exposed.

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, I stumbled on your site from Michelle, a friend from Ft Riley, and I just had to say I love love LOVE this set!!! I held on to some of this fabric for a while, trying to decide what to do with it, and this is one of the cutest diaper bags I've seen! If you open an etsy shop let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the kind words, Sarahbeth and for taking the time to comment! Your words have inspired me to really kick it in gear and really truly set a goal for myself in starting up the Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual, you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,
    I think you definetly need to sell your daiper bags. They are amazing. Plus, I would kind of like one in a few months!! Take care.
    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete