2009-06-15

One last sewing project before moving day

It's so tempting to whip up another quick project but I should probably be responsible and stick to the packing. Here's a little twirly skirt (made from my favorite skirt tutorial at house on hill road and headband that I made for my sister, who turned 8 last Thursday (she's also getting her very own copy of my personal favorite movie of all time, "The Princess Bride".

I actually made two headbands but the first one was entirely too small, so small that I have my doubts that it will fit an infant older than 9 months. Hopefully this one won't be too big -- it fits me. Guess I have a partial baby gift, now. I should have made her a little white top with linen trim but I decided that I had better get back to this moving business. Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the fabric! What is it? I made a few of these skirts for Ella this Spring, but now that I see your fabric, might need to make one for myself!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the skirt! Can't wait to try that pattern soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies! This is such an easy skirt. I even did French seams so the inside would look finished (I still haven't splurged on a serger). I picked up the fabric at Hobby Lobby last year [Brother Sister Design Studio B20-EF-P23]. I don't typically shop for fabric at Hobby Lobby since I'm usually just there for art and craft supplies but when I was walking by and saw this print I had to get the remainder of what was on the bolt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love matching accessories and clothes! It's a really nice fabric, classy and feminine.

    ReplyDelete