2011-01-10

Snow Day!

As forcasted, we woke up this morning with a lovely, fluffy blanket of snow!  We finally had our first snow day for the 2010-2011 winter season.  I wasn't at all disappointed to get several text messages from the school district early this morning announcing the closures for the day.  M slept in and I just enjoyed my pillow for a little while longer before I made my way downstairs. 

M and I had two rounds of winter play, coinciding with L's nap times.   The second round, M decided that her "playtime" was going to be helping me finish shoveling the driveway.  What a great little helper!  

snow angels - this is about the only time my snow angel is bigger, when mine is next to a 5-year-old's
little stinker got me with a snowball in the face as I'm down on the ground making bricks for an igloo (igloo never made it past our little 3-year-old neighbor boy who was thrilled to smash them as they were formed)


She's a pretty fantastic little helper -- even better that she was having fun.



yummy snow


On a side note, once again our neighbors came to the rescue.  I had about 1/3 of the driveway left and saw our neighbor on the corner walking down to us with his snow shovel.  I enjoy shoveling snow, but it sure was nice to have the help, especially since L was starting to wake up as he arrived.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment