|Can you guess what this is? It's a fat pill and there's one in every one of...|
For Maia's birthday (this past May), she requested cookie dough cupcakes. With little effort, I stumbled upon Beantown Baker's recipe. Since I have had a few requests for the recipe, after making them again just recently for a farewell gathering for some dear friends, I thought I would pass on the recipe here. Check out Beantown Baker for the recipe.
Here are my tips if you give this a try:
- You have to plan if you want to make these for something in particular since there are a number of steps involved and the cookie dough Must be frozen before adding it to the cupcake batter before baking.
- Go ahead and use a cookie scoop to portion the dough, but then roll each portion into cylinders. That way, the cookie dough won't pool at the bottom of the cupcakes.
- The recipes for each part of the cupcake made quite a bit more for me than what is listed on Beantown Baker's blog. I think my yields were 60 mini cookies, 46 cookie dough cylinders (if making mini cupcakes, divide each cylinder into three portions - use one third for each mini), 36 full size cupcakes (for M's birthday, I was able to get 24 full size cupcakes and 48 mini cupcakes)
- Every oven is different, I think my full-size cupcakes were done in 16-17 minutes.
- They taste best when chilled!
- The extra cookie dough is delicious straight from the freezer.
- After adding the butter for each part in the recipe, just forget you did and pretend it was something healthy and wholesome like broccoli. There. No Worries.
|Which one has more calories (no, that's not a mini cupcake)?|