2011-09-19

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Can you guess what this is?  It's a fat pill and there's one in every one of...
THESE!

For Maia's birthday (this past May), she requested cookie dough cupcakes.  With little effort, I stumbled upon Beantown Baker's recipe.  Since I have had a few requests for the recipe, after making them again just recently for a farewell gathering for some dear friends, I thought I would pass on the recipe here.  Check out Beantown Baker for the recipe. 

Here are my tips if you give this a try:
  1. You have to plan if you want to make these for something in particular since there are a number of steps involved and the cookie dough Must be frozen before adding it to the cupcake batter before baking.  
  2. Go ahead and use a cookie scoop to portion the dough, but then roll each portion into cylinders.  That way, the cookie dough won't pool at the bottom of the cupcakes.
  3. The recipes for each part of the cupcake made quite a bit more for me than what is listed on Beantown Baker's blog.  I think my yields were 60 mini cookies, 46 cookie dough cylinders (if making mini cupcakes, divide each cylinder into three portions - use one third for each mini), 36 full size cupcakes (for M's birthday, I was able to get 24 full size cupcakes and 48 mini cupcakes)
  4. Every oven is different, I think my full-size cupcakes were done in 16-17 minutes.
  5. They taste best when chilled!
  6. The extra cookie dough is delicious straight from the freezer.
  7. After adding the butter for each part in the recipe, just forget you did and pretend it was something healthy and wholesome like broccoli.  There.  No Worries.


Which one has more calories (no, that's not a mini cupcake)?



Pin It

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a very tasty recipe! I am pretty sure that I would have some trouble sharing.

    ReplyDelete